Friday, April 12, 2013

Breastfeeding or Formula.

I think many people (ladies, mom-to-be) aware that breastmilk is the best for baby age 0-6 months. I really salute those mothers out there who able to breastfeed exclusively to their baby, moreover until 2 years old or more. Those mothers I believe they are very very fortunate ones, amazing really. Sadly, I was not very fortunate. I was able to breastfeed Harith until about 1 1/2 months. I believe I had done everything I could to enhance my breastmilk production. Name it.. eat mi sua, white radish, spinach, supplements and what not. I even did the exclusive pumping which is to pump out the milk for every 10 mins within 2 hours. Xde rezeki. Milks became very little.

But moms out there (who breastfeed exclusively), please don't judge! Seriously, DO NOT JUDGE. Not all moms are very lucky. Formula milk isn't really bad at all if you can find the one that fits your baby. It does make your baby a human after all. I grew up on formula milk too as I and my twin were premature babies. Alhamdulillah we are good now, agree? Harith's first formula milk is Enfalac A+ which he has it until now. No change ever since. Who thinks I was not depressed and shattered that I was not able to breastfeed Harith anymore? My eyes were full of tears during my confinement period (it is really not good to cry during confinement). I had made my preparations for that matter. Some may experience the postnatal depression which worsen the problem. I went through this stage after I gave birth to Harith. It wasn't that easy for me regrettably. Harith is a big baby! Nevertheless, I was very grateful to Allah despite I was having a big baby who was not very easy to come out, He gave me the courage to give birth naturally (I almost went for operation).

InsyaAllah, I really hope to be able to breastfeed my 2nd baby (maybe another 2-3 years).

No comments:

Post a Comment